For over twenty years, NEIB has been a market leader and innovator in Australian motorcycle insurance. Our policy has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of motorcyclists. We have a range of cover options available including Third Party Liability, Third Party Fire and Theft, Comprehensive and On-site only. We insure not just the private use, recreational rider, but also commercial tour operators and business use motorcycles. While our core business targets touring and cruiser style motorcycles, we have the capability to provide competitive premiums for a wide range of motorcycles, including sports bikes (strict criteria apply to under 40 riders), scooters, factory-built trikes, dual-purpose and customised motorcycles.
Our involvement in motorcycle insurance began when we were requested to provide assistance to Harley-Davidson owners in Brisbane. After creating a policy specifically for this purpose, we expanded the range of motorcycles to include BMWs, other European and finally Japanese motorcycles. We now insure most makes and models of motorcycles all over Australia.
If you’re a member of a registered motorcycle club, please visit our Motorcycle Clubs page to see what special rates we can offer to members of your club.
Here are just some of the features and benefits of our Live Free, Ride Free Motorcycle Policy:
- Replacement of your new motorcycle if it is a total loss within the first two years of ownership;
- Agreed Value sum insured – regardless of age;
- Legal Liability cover provided up to $20,000,000;
- Liability cover extends to include personal injury to third parties – sometimes know as “gap” cover (this is not covered by many other motorcycle policies);
- Faultless excess benefit;
- Automatic no claim bonus protection for riders who have held a Rating 1 on a motorcycle policy for two or more years – included at no extra cost;
- Reasonable towing and storage costs included;
- Get-you-home expenses covered up to $500 if you are involved in an accident more than 100km away from home;
- Personal Effects covered up to $200 automatically (this can be increased up to $500 for a small additional premium);
- Guaranteed repairs for as long as you own the motorcycle/trike;
- Insure multiple bikes and receive additional discounts;
- Underwritten by one of Australia’s most trusted and well-known insurers.
Optional covers available (additional premiums apply):
- Hire vehicle following an accident;
- Business Use motorcycles;
- Tour Operating;
- Guided Self Riding Tours;
- Airfreight of Parts up to $500 (freight costs);
- Increased Personal Effects cover to $500;
- Motorcycle Gear / Riding Apparel cover with flexible options from $1,000 to $5,000.